- The very first and obvious reason is if your passport is going to expire, then you have to reissue a fresh passport before the expiry date.
- In case your current address is changed, you can reissue a fresh passport with new details. In that case you have to provide valid address proof.
- Similarly in case you have to update any personal details or you want to correct some of your personal details. Then apply for passport reissue.
- Another reason is if all the pages of your passport hand book exhausted. Then you can reissue a passport.
- By any chance you have lost or damaged your passport. You have to reissue a new one.
You can always refer to passport India official website for latest information.
Now whatever the situation in life, you have decided to reissue a passport. Then first of all visit the passport India official website and click on the log in option. In case you have not registered, then simply click on the register option and register first. So we assume you have successfully logged in. Then the you will be in the main screen.
Click on the “Apply for Fresh Passport / Reissue of Passport”.
Click for online application.
Now select the “Re-issue of Passport” option. Then you can see many options will come in the screen.
Now select the proper reason for which you are applying for reissue. After this option, the procedure is similar to application of a fresh passport online. You can easily follow the steps. Only thing you have to remember is you have to provide the old passport details in some place to provide reference. Rest of the details fill carefully and proceed further to submit the form. After that you have to manage an appointment to visit PSK centre for further procedure.
Hope this will help you to understand and handle online portal while dealing with passport related issues. You can always appreciate or share your experiences here by commenting or subscribing to our blog for regular useful articles.